Friday, November 5, 2010

Getting Healthy

So this is not the first time that I have started a health blog. In fact it's probably the fifth attempt at writing one, but the difference between this blog and those blogs is that I'll be more open about myself. In those blogs I was so anonymous and it wasn't even about my health, but about my weight. I was preoccupied with losing weight to look hot, I was not looking at the health benefits. Now I'm older and wiser and know it's not just about my physical appearance, but my actual health. Obesity is the cause of so many heart diseases, diabetes, high blood pressure, and more. I am twenty years old! It's about time I made a change in my life for the good. I want to be healthy dammit!!! And I will!

For the past couple weeks at school I have been continuously working out at the gym and running, and was so motivated that I would go everyday. So far I've lost about 10lbs since I've been away from home and living on campus. The last week has kind of been a disaster. I have not been working out on a daily basis and I have been eating more than I can chew. The last time I went to the gym I weighed myself and I gained 6lbs back from my previous loss. I think what my problem is I need to find motivation to stay motivated. And for this reason I started this blog. I want to find connections with other bloggers who are in the same situation and willing to support one another. Even though I have tried this before I really feel that it will make a difference. Why? Because I'm not being some random anonymous girl, but a being myself and real.

I got this idea from one of the members at 20sb, and hopefully the community there looking to reach the same goals as me are willing to help me out as I am willing to help them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment