Friday, April 8, 2011

A Major Set Back

So far in the last two years or so I've lost about 45 pounds and find myself stuck right above 200. I have probably weighed between 210 and 203 for the last month now and I'm tired of not seeing my scale go lower. I know a lot of it has to do with what I do, but it's a little depressing to see no change after the exercise I do.

I am still overweight and I know I can still lose more. I am having a constant battle with myself and food. I want so much to be thin and healthy, but yet I find comfort in food. I suspect the only reason why I haven't gained my weight back is because I'm so active at the gym. I love exercising but I can't put down the food.

I need to find comfort in something else besides food. I love food, but it can ruin me if I always reach out to it. I need to listen to my body more than just my taste buds and emotions. I need a new outlet.

Anyways, I have an extremely supportive boyfriend who helps me make right decisions when we're eating together at school (we both live on campus), but I noticed that every once in a while when we aren't eating together I'll pig out. I'll get a chocolate bar or chips and I know I don't need them, but I want them because they taste good. Other times I'm on top of my game on my own and stray away from these foods but I always come back. I use the Lose it App, but I feel like I keep making the same mistakes over and over again. Does anyone have any tips to to switch it up to add healthy sweets and flavor to their diets without consuming extra empty calories? Or what are some ways you manage your caloric intake without falling into traps?

I have been falling into traps a lot in the last couple months. I at least pig out twice out of the week and I just want control of my cravings so I don't pig out, that is my ultimate set back. I don't want to fall into any unhealthy behaviors so that's why I'm documenting my feelings and stuggles. Anyways, any helpful advice is greatly appreciated.

Anyways, that's all. I'm going to try to get on top of my game again. 45lbs in two years is great progress! I have to keep aiming towards my goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment