Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Mini Burgers!

[caption id="" align="alignleft" width="355"] Burgers my boyfriend and I made tonight for dinner.[/caption]

Today has been an extremely healthy day with a twist. You wouldn't think that two mini burgers are worth just over 500 calories. That's why I'm going to tell you how to make them!

A little about today though, for breakfast/lunch I had a GNC Lean Smoothie with strawberries and bananas which adds up to a total of about 400 calories. Since I woke up late I didn't get a workout in, but that didn't stop me. On my way to class today I longboarded up and down the hill a few times which is approximately about 2 miles or so. I had a Trail Mix bar after class around 5:20PM and headed to the grocery store with my boyfriend to make some dinner. We picked up some ground beef and some mini burger buns along with other groceries.

For this blog I thought I'd include a recipe on how to make these delicious mini burgers. I'm no chef, but this is something simple, healthy, and easy to do... Why not share? Anyways, here we go (just like Mario would say)!
Ingredients:

1lb of Ground Beef
1-2 eggs
1/2 Cup of Onions
1-3 Garlic Cloves
Mushrooms
Garlic Powder
Black Pepper
Chili Powder
Salt
Mini Buns
Lettuce
American Cheese

First of all, you get 1-2 eggs and scramble in a bowl as if you were about to make scrambled eggs. Then you take the pound of ground beef and mix it with the eggs. This is so the meat does not break into chunks while cooking. It keeps the homemade patty in tact. I used two eggs only cause the there was two cracked eggs in the crate, One egg is probably enough. At this point you'll add the 1/2 cup of diced up onions along with the garlic cloves. Make sure everything is pretty even and start making patties.

When you're making patties I recommend weighing the meat so that you know exactly how much you're eating. I made these mini patties to weigh approximately 2 ounces each. You can make them bigger than the mini patty size depending on your bun size as well. I recommend flattening them as much as possible since they will be harder to cook the thicker they are.

Once you have your patties ready apply the seasonings after this they are ready for the cooking pan. Make sure to use oil, and at this point place the patties. Add mushrooms for extra flavor, it is not necessary but recommended. This process takes about 10-15 minutes.

After the meat is done cooking, it is optional to place American cheese on the patties to allow to melt. What is nice is that you can use one slice of cheese for multiple mini burgers which means less calories.Make sure to toast your buns and you're ready to construct your Burger.

Here is the calorie count of this meal. I personally try to use as little as possible.

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="343"] Calories not including oil, Maybe 600 Calories in total with oil.[/caption]

No comments:

Post a Comment