Sunday, May 5, 2013

Cinco de Mayo

I don't know what it is about making a commitment that is so hard for me.

I started this blog with the hopes of continuously updating and staying motivated about my progress in my weight loss journey, but I fall in and out of these cycles of healthy habits and fitness routines. I fell short two weeks to completing Insanity, I almost completed one month of the Chalean Extreme fitness program, and only completed two weeks of Hip Hop Abs... I just lost interest or lost motivation. From doing these programs I've gotten down to my lowest weight of 209lbs but I am back in between 215 and 218. Le Sigh, no matter how much physical work I do... Whether it's at work, bike riding to & from work, my weight does not budge. 

This makes me realize it's not my fitness activity that needs a makeover (although it helps) but it's my mentality... I need to have self control when it comes to food. I need to make working out a priority.  

One thing I have noticed about myself is that I have an addiction to salty and sweet foods. I really want to start going to an Over-eaters Anonymous group. I literally can eat a family size bag of chips on my own. I can eat an entire Oreo's container in two sittings. That is too much food, and I know it. I have a serious problem with food and I need to deal with it. I think I need some sort of support group and if it is OA that can help me, then so be it.

I'll hopefully be moving to the Bay Area in Late August early September, and maybe being independent and having no form of transportation will motivate me to live a healthier lifestyle and break out of these bad habits.

I will no longer be comforted by food.

No comments:

Post a Comment